My growing collection

Discussion in 'Maples' started by Ghost74, May 23, 2021.

1. Ghost74

Ghost74 Member

Hi all, I’ve been lurking for the last few years, reading and learning and have finally joined. Firstly thank you for all the informative posts and beautiful pictures. I have only been collecting Acers for the last 18 months having just moved into a new house outside of London with my first garden. I have a small collection (circa 35 cultivars), mostly quite young trees. Thanks for letting me join your lovely community. Here’s a few pictures of some of my small collection. I’m sure I’ll take more pictures and post in the future. My oldest tree is likely the Orange Dream in one of the photos…. A nursery reduction from £150 to £20 :). A good winter prune and a bit of spring growth and it’s looking like my best bargain yet! I wonder how old it is?

Attached Files:

2. Acerholic

Acerholic Paragon of Plants Forums Moderator VCBF Cherry Scout Maple Society

@Ghost74, good evening and welcome to the maples forum. What a lovely way to make your first posting with some wonderful trees for us all to view.
    Sounds like you got a fantastic bargain with your Orange Dream, £150 to £20 Wow!!!

Ghost74 likes this.
  3. Xi-feng

Xi-feng Rising Contributor

Hello! Your garden looks beautiful - so calm and serene (I particularly like the 5th picture) and I'm envious of your collection.... hope you post more pics so we can enjoy your lovely trees!

Ghost74 likes this.
  4. Ghost74

Ghost74 Member

Sorry, I forgot to add a signature and introduce my name. I’m Dan, pleased to meet you all!

5. Acerholic

Very pleased to meet you also Dan. Hope your not getting the deluge of rain there that we are getting in this shire county atm.

Ghost74 likes this.
  6. Shin-Deshojo

Shin-Deshojo Well-Known Member

Welcome Dan,
    What a beautiful start of a collection, and well managed.
    Congratulation with your new garden.
    You obviously got a lot of good taste and passion for maples and I am sure you will have a lovely garden in the next few years.

Edit: your monk handling a pot is just so awesome.

I will be looking forward to your posts.

Ghost74 likes this.
  7. Ghost74

Ghost74 Member

Indeed, it’s been on and off for the last few weeks and very heavy. Better than the late frosts stressing me out however! Never mind summer should be starting properly early June here in Southern UK.
    Dan

8. Acerholic

Oh yes, I couldn't agree more about the stress of all those Spring frosts.
    Looking at your photos Dan, yours escaped any damage. But now for some warmth on those leaves, which is really needed everywhere.

Ghost74 likes this.
  9. LoverOfMaples

LoverOfMaples Generous Contributor Maple Society

Welcome @Ghost74. Nice collection you have and thanks for sharing.

Ghost74 likes this.
  10. Contact82

Contact82 Member

Welcome Dan, and congratulations for your very beautiful collection! A really nice corner in your garden.

Ghost74 likes this.
  11. Riverdale27

Riverdale27 Active Member

Hi Dan, nice collection! I see they sell exactly the same trees over there as they sell here in Belgium, I've got the same brand, same tag and everything...

Ghost74 likes this.