Acer palmatum 'Monzukushi'

Discussion in 'Acer palmatum cultivars (photos)' started by conifers, Sep 8, 2007.

1. conifers

conifers Active Member

The US National Arboretum, late May, 2006.

Attached Files:

2. Cjart

Cjart Well-Known Member

Here are some photos of my small but quite vigorous Mon zukushi. image.jpeg image.jpeg This spring has shown quite a lot of peachy new leaves that I like a lot.

3. LoverOfMaples

LoverOfMaples Generous Contributor Maple Society

Hi @Cjart. I would love to see an update of this one if possible :)

Cjart likes this.
  4. Acerholic

Acerholic Paragon of Plants Forums Moderator VCBF Cherry Scout Maple Society

@LoverOfMaples good morning D, are you going more towards the greens now. Tbh I think I have enough reds and there are some lovely shades of green as in C @Cjart lovely Monzukushi.

5. LoverOfMaples

Hey D, not really. But this one did catch my eye because of the beautiful shades of green, leaf shape, structure.

6. Acerholic

And with a green, it is going to be fantastic Autumn colours. The reds just can't match them once October is here IMO.

LoverOfMaples likes this.
  7. Cjart

Cjart Well-Known Member

Hi Lover of Maples. I will be able to post some photos in a couple of days. Traveling on the Oregon Coast. First trip since the pandemic began. We are getting to see our daughter after a year and a half. Trying not to look at any of the many Japanese Maple sellers around here! C

LoverOfMaples likes this.
  8. LoverOfMaples

Hey I definitely understand stand how hard its gonna be, lol. I hope you enjoy your time with daughter. This pandemic have been rough. I'll be waiting patiently and be safe!

Cjart likes this.
  9. Cjart

Cjart Well-Known Member

Mon-zukushi-2021-closer.jpg Mon-zukushi-2021-leaves.jpg Mon-zukushi-2021.jpg Here are some photos of my Mon zukushi this spring. It had a bout with something--I think probably pseudomonas last summer near the base of the tree--it shows in the first photo. Have tried to pull some of the ground cover (sedum) away to give it some more air and sprayed it with copper spray. Looks like it is recovering. It has always been pretty sturdy, but maybe my pruning efforts (I cut a branch off near the base so it would have more of a narrow shape), have hurt it. We will see! Had a great time with our daughter and my husband managed to keep me away from any nurseries. Hope all is well on the East Coast! C

Acerholic likes this.
  10. Acerholic

Lovely photos C and more importantly, I'm so glad to here you had a great time seeing your daughter again. Let's hope all this horror story is behind us all.
    But no maples brought home!! Very sad C. Lol.