Acer palmatum 'Manyo no sato'

Discussion in 'Acer palmatum cultivars (photos)' started by Gomero, May 21, 2005.

1. amazingmaples

amazingmaples Well-Known Member 10 Years

Manyo no sato is a tree of interest but not a tree with great beauty. The spring color is interesting but in the garden is lost unless you see the tree up close. During the summer months it has very dull color. The fall color is very nice. it tends to have a growing habit to form a mound.

2. maplesmagpie

maplesmagpie Active Member

I had it in full sun this spring, and it leafed out so red I was afraid it would burn. When I moved it to shade it quickly turned to the green/olive coloration. It's kept the two-tone color all summer. I think it would get lost in a larger landscape, but in a pot near a sitting area it makes for an interesting variation.

Attached Files:

3. maplesmagpie

maplesmagpie Active Member

Manyo no sato fall colors-- I didn't expect colors so bright! It's a stunning peachy orange edged with pink.

Attached Files:

GreenLarry likes this.
  4. Acerholic

Acerholic Paragon of Plants Forums Moderator VCBF Cherry Scout Maple Society

The leaves on my Acer palmatum 'Manyo no sato' have been wonderful this year. The purples in the varigation have shown to be quite brilliant this season, which is not often the case.

Attached Files:

5. Acerholic

What a lovely maple when the conditions are perfect, but as you can see by my photo today( July 6th 2020) after 4 days of strong drying winds it has not done too well.
    As with all maples they do not like wind, but Summer winds are the worst.
    If you buy this one, consider it's positioning in your garden.

Attached Files:

6. Acerholic

The colours are changing rapidly on my Manyo no sato. Photo today 16th July 2020. And people say that Japanese maples are Spring and Summer only.

Attached Files:

GreenLarry likes this.
  7. Acerholic

Still doing well, I'm keeping the Summer photo diary going as requested. So many shades of colours.

Attached Files:

8. Acerholic

The golden colours are starting to appear on my Manyo no sato. Photo August 2nd 2020.

Attached Files:

9. Acerholic

15th August 2020, lots of rain at last, the leaves have freshend up so quickly. My misting I carry out in the evenings in hot weather was of no use this year when temperatures were in the mid 30 C 's for many many days. It just evaporated so quickly.
    The golden colours have disappeared so quickly, two days of rain and this is how it is looking. Almost like an extra season this year. So strange !!!

Attached Files:

10. Acerholic

All the colours are appearing now on all my maples and as promised I will keep the photo diary going to show the transformation. So much rain now and new growth, the new shoots are loving this weather at last.
    I cannot believe the pinks are returning in late August. No complaints here !!!
    Photo 23rd August 2020.

Attached Files:

11. Acerholic

28th August 2020 and the ground is incredibly wet for the time of year. Just had more hail stones and my maples that are heavy in leaf do not like it one bit.
    Now this is what hail stones will do to a delicate maple. But give it a few hours sunshine and it will pick right up again. 'HOPEFULLY '.

Attached Files:

12. Acerholic

September 3rd 2020 and Autumn is very quickly upon us now. But new growth!!? Yes there is !!
    Such a dark cloudy day today, that any colours are very welcome.
    Manyo no sato is not letting me down on the colour today.

Attached Files:

13. Acerholic

A hazy September morning ( 7th ) and my Manyo no sato has a different look to it.
    If this is all I get this Autumn, then after seeing it this morning I am pleased.

Attached Files:

14. Acerholic

13th September 2020 and the sun is shining and it is getting warmer and warmer once again. So I hope my photo conveys this lovely near Autumn day.

Attached Files:

15. Acerholic

19th September 2020 and Summer is ending this weekend according to forecasts. Bright early morning sun is still helping maples in my garden to look nice.
    As requested last night, my Manyo no sato as the sun came up.

Attached Files:

16. Acerholic

27th September 2020 and bright Autumnal sunshine brings the best out of maple leaves and my Manyo no sato had the golden glow so typical of this cultivar at most times of the year.

Attached Files:

17. Acerholic

8th October 2020 and my Manyo no sato has a deep moody look to it now. The varigation is not so prominent at this time of the year.

Attached Files:

18. Acerholic

12th October 2020 and depending on the light my Manyo no sato gives off different shades of colours.

Attached Files:

19. Acerholic

9th March 2021 and my little Manyo-No-Sato is lapping up the early sunshine. It's not all about the leaf !!!!
    Manyo no sato 705.JPG

20. Acerholic

26th March 2021 and not all my trees are progressing equally. Here is my Manyo no sato this morning. It is a late to leaf out tree here in my garden, but that's not a bad thing with late rogue frosts.
    Manyo no sato 710.JPG

21. Acerholic

11th April 2021 and after a couple of PM's asking how my Manyo no sato is doing, I thought I would post a photo of it from this morning.
    Manyo no sato 186.JPG
    Swelling, but not going too mad with producing leaves just yet.

22. Acerholic

28th April 2021 and it has been a long wait but they are on their way now. My Manyo no sato looks like a new born child that looks like the skin is too big for it.... but so beautiful.
    Manyo no sato 206.JPG

23. Acerholic

15th May 2021 and now my Manyo no sato in some morning rain with a little sunshine is looking special today. I do have different favourites each and every day in my garden. Today is this one.
    Manyo no sato 227.JPG

Ghost74 likes this.
  24. Ghost74

Ghost74 Member

My Manyo no sato is looking lovely this year. Love the variegation and colours 32FE8FCA-61DF-402B-A09C-75B131FE86CC.jpeg 6AC9D96B-89DC-4123-8C27-303633CC6974.jpeg

Dan

maf and Acerholic like this.
  25. Acerholic

You are definatly a month further along than me Dan. I hope mine is that good in a few weeks!!

Ghost74 likes this.