Curry plant dropping leaves

Discussion in 'Indoor and Greenhouse Plants' started by currydave, Nov 30, 2013.

1. currydave

currydave New Member

Hello all,

I have a curry tree plant (murraya koenigii that I purchased as small seedling. It grew prodigiously all summer in front of a south-facing balcony sliding door. Since the late fall however, it has been droopy, and the leaves have begun to yellow and drop. Many of the leaves are developing brown dry tips.

I have a minor brown scale problem on some of my plants at the moment, but it is being kept in check, and so I doubt that it would be enough to cause this leaf drop.

Is this a seasonal thing and to be expected from M. koenigii in Vancouver at this time of year or could there be another cause I should be concerned about?

Attached is a photo of the plant. You can see that some of its leaves ("branches") are completely bare of leaflets. I would appreciate any help or advice anyone might be able to give.

Dave

Attached Files:

2. saltcedar

saltcedar Rising Contributor 10 Years

From what I read on the net it's not unusual for some leaf drop or browning indoors during Autumn and Winter. Mine outdoors has just taken two nights at 29F (-1.6C) with only a few leaves falling.

3. Venk Shenoi

Venk Shenoi New Member

This post is from December 2013 - have you found an answer to your problem?