Reforesting is useful 'BUT'

Discussion in 'Plants: In the News' started by Acerholic, Jan 27, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Acerholic

Acerholic Paragon of Plants Forums Moderator VCBF Cherry Scout Maple Society

2. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

wcutler likes this.
  3. Acerholic

Doesn't work for me, but looks a very interesting discussion.

4. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

I suspect one might need to be logged into LinkedIn, not sure.

5. Acerholic

Think your right Daniel.

6. wcutler

wcutler Paragon of Plants Forums Moderator VCBF Cherry Scout 10 Years

Lipstick on a Fig tree, on YouTube.
    Tree Conservation and Reforestation Session | World Biodiversity Forum 2021 - YouTube

Edited - I just told @Margot that YouTube links always come up these days with the splash photo, so now she no doubt thinks I was lying to her. I have no idea when the photo comes up and when it doesn't. It's still not worth doing anything to influence that.

Edited again - The link to this has now been put on the garden's blog page, with a link first to a page of background description:
    Watch Tree Conservation and Reforestation Talk with Garden Director Patrick Lewis - UBC Botanical Garden

Last edited: Feb 5, 2021
  7. Margot

Margot Renowned Contributor 10 Years

No, she certainly does not. :-)

wcutler likes this.
  8. McP82

McP82 New Member

Thanks for offering a more convenient platform, I'm going to listen to it right now! And yes, reforestation has to be done in a smart way... for example, by reforestating (is that even a word?) recently deforested regions in Brazil and in Malaysia.

9. Acerholic

@McP82 good evening and welcome to the forum, it's good to see the message is spreading far and wide. As you say it has to be smart.

10. McP82

McP82 New Member

Thank you! And yes, I've recently found out about this forum, I thought I was knowledgeable about plants, gardening, flora in general, but it turns out that there's lots I'm still to learn about...

11. Acerholic

You and me both....

12. McP82

McP82 New Member

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one, the other members of the forum are always so knowledgeable, I was starting to feel quite boorish among the rest of the community; still, I hope I'll quickly catch up.

13. Acerholic

Not boorish at all, in gardening you never stop learning. There are some that think they know everything, but they are the ones that actually know very little. Never ever be afraid to ask questions on the forum, however silly you may think the questions are.