Dracaena plant struggling

Discussion in 'Indoor and Greenhouse Plants' started by Yaz, Feb 10, 2021.

1. Yaz

Yaz New Member

No matter what I try my plant is not happy. I left watering longer, then shorter both didn’t work. I live in the uk so I’m not sure wether the air is too dry or it’s the tap water ?
    Any help would be great thanks

Attached Files:

2. wcutler

wcutler Paragon of Plants Forums Moderator VCBF Cherry Scout 10 Years

It doesn't look so bad. The old leaves always die, and your discoloured leaves seem to all be the old ones, at the bottom. You can pull or cut those off. Eventually, it will be a taller plant with leaves at the top and a long bare trunk. At that point, you can cut off the top and push it into soil (maybe 8-10cm) with no leaves at the bottom) and start another plant, either in the same pot or a new pot. And keep the old plant, which will probably start sending out new leaves.

Feel how heavy it is after you water it, and then wait to water again until it's not as heavy but not totally light. See if you can figure out when the leaves are just starting to droop.

I read a lot about people using distilled water on these. I don't, but I always have brown leaf tips, so there you go.

3. Yaz

Yaz New Member

I’ve cut her leaves now so fingers crossed, I’ll try not to over water too. Thank you ! ☺️