Crape Myrtle

Discussion in 'Outdoor Gardening in the Pacific Northwest' started by Louis A, Dec 29, 2020.

1. Louis A

Louis A Member

This is a bit of a late post, but a couple years back there were some crape Myrtle planted in the middle of a parking lot in Abbotsford. I stopped by in September to see their beautiful blooms. There are the odd crape Myrtle around town, but this planting of three nice sized trees is impressive. Whoever planted them understood that the middle of a south facing parking lot is ideal for a heat loving plant like this. Are there other nice ones around the Fraser Valley that people know of?

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2021
  2. wcutler

wcutler Paragon of Plants Forums Moderator VCBF Cherry Scout 10 Years

There is one at UBCBG, on the entrance plaza, posted at August 16, 2013 - two favourites of bees, and other flowers | UBC Botanical Garden Forums (also a bark photo from this year at October 2020 in the Garden, starting with the Greenheart TreeWalk | UBC Botanical Garden Forums).
    And one I haven't visited for several years in West Vancouver - I posted a photo in 2013 at Lagerstroemia mea culpa.

3. Louis A

Louis A Member

Nice! That one in West Van is quite stunning! I’m a pretty big crape Myrtle fan.

4. Louis A

Louis A Member

54239412-8523-4119-9466-FCD9CA7A6B49.jpeg 5D7BCD6B-31BC-4BCE-B01F-1127873DE2FD.jpeg

I regret to say that I never visited these trees in the height of their blooming. These pics are from late July/early august as crepe myrtle around town began blooming with all of the heat this summer.

wcutler likes this.