Identification: What kind of aloe?

Discussion in 'Cacti and Succulents' started by kabs115, Aug 5, 2020.

1. kabs115

kabs115 New Member

I have been trying to identify my aloe plant. I rescued it from a friend a couple of years ago (it was only 6") and it has gotten very tall. The stalk is strong and doesn't need support (yet). It doesn't look like any climbing aloe I have seen photos of as it has spots. Please help!

Attached Files:

2. Acerholic

Acerholic Paragon of Plants Forums Moderator VCBF Cherry Scout Maple Society

@kabs115, welcome to the forum, I hope you get the answer to your question. I'm sure to you will.

kabs115 likes this.
  3. Acerholic

Acerholic Paragon of Plants Forums Moderator VCBF Cherry Scout Maple Society

@kabs115, I'm so sorry you haven't received any replies as yet, I will move this thread to the Cacti and Succulents forum to see if you get more response. If that is OK with you ?

kabs115 likes this.
  4. Icharus45

Icharus45 New Member

Hi, to me it does look like a climbing aloe (Aloiampelos ciliaris). Young aloes, especially grown indoors, are usually more spotted. Mature ones, or those growing in their natural environments (or close to it) will have less spotting if at all. I suggest to give it more light if possible as it does look a bit leggy .

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2020
  5. kabs115

kabs115 New Member

Thank you!

6. scilover

scilover Member

This is right. Your aloe is a climbing aloe. Even the images is so accurate and show that it is climbing aloe.