Wildflowers: Shepherdia?

Discussion in 'Plants: Identification' started by Nadia White Rock, Aug 26, 2020.

1. Nadia White Rock

Nadia White Rock Well-Known Member 10 Years

Thes plants look the same, just different colors of berries. Shepherdia(Buffaloberry)?
    Shepherdia q.JPG

2. Acerholic

Acerholic Paragon of Plants Forums Moderator VCBF Cherry Scout Maple Society

@Nadia White Rock Good morning Nadia, Is it the Canadian Buffaloberry Shepherdia canadensis Orange berry form.??

Nadia White Rock likes this.
  3. Nadia White Rock

Nadia White Rock Well-Known Member 10 Years

Thank you for your answer. I don't know. There were so many plants in each color. I like them together for comparison.
    I found in wikipedia
    Shepherdia canadensis, commonly called Canada buffaloberry, russet buffaloberry,[2] soopolallie, soapberry, or foamberry (Ktunaxa: kupaʔtiǂ,[3]) is one of a small number of shrubs of the genus Shepherdia that bears edible berries. The fruit is usually red, but one species has yellow berries.

4. Acerholic

Acerholic Paragon of Plants Forums Moderator VCBF Cherry Scout Maple Society

@Nadia White Rock , agreed defiantly the wild look. Looks like a mixture of red and also yellow/ orange berry shrubs. Very nice though and interesting to see.

5. hiking Pat

hiking Pat Active Member

I also saw these yesterday at Johnson Lake nr Banff, Alberta and thought they were the buffalo berries

Attached Files: