Appreciation: additional drone footage of Les Souffrettes garden

Discussion in 'Maples' started by emery, Jul 31, 2020.

1. emery

emery Renowned Contributor Maple Society 10 Years

The film company sent some additional footage which they had not used in the recent promotional film for the region.

I banged a sound track on it and stuck it into a video on youtube, which I though you might enjoy seeing. It's a couple of minutes.

It's amazing to see this and think that, 28 years ago, there was not a single tree near the house except the large Tilia in front! Everything had been cut for firewood, even in the hedges.

cheers, -E

2. Acerholic

Acerholic Paragon of Plants Forums Moderator VCBF Cherry Scout Maple Society

@emery, what a beautiful birds eye view of your house and land. I feel more relaxed just watching and listening to your video. Thank goodness for technology.

3. emery

Thanks D! The most amazing thing to us is the snapshot, and how much it's grown out. I have some pics from 1997, with only a few plantings. Some of which didn't survive! The big Tilia on the left of the second picture was lost in the storm at Christmas 1999. I only had a very few maples then, unfortunately. -E

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. AlainK

AlainK Renowned Contributor Forums Moderator Maple Society 10 Years

Wonderful, magnificent, outstanding ! ;0)

You know what : you should contact a film or TV company, that's an ideal setting for a film, or a TV series like "Murder in Normandy", or "Murders in the Maples" ;0)

Seriously, that could bring in extra money, and you could meet intersting people. A friend of mine was contacted a few years ago by a TV crew : they were shooting a film in they neighbour's house and garden. She would cook them meals and let them use the house as a "dressing" room. She recalls it as a great experience.

5. emery

Haha! That's what's going to happen when I continue to spend money on maples! :) Hint: I'll be the murderee, Adele will be holding the blunt instrument. :P Call in Inspecteur Clouseau...

6. AlainK

Huh huh huh... ;0)

7. Mani

Mani Active Member

Simply epic!!

You must have one heck of a lawnmower!

LoverOfMaples and emery like this.
  8. wcutler

wcutler Paragon of Plants Forums Moderator VCBF Cherry Scout 10 Years

Beautiful. Nice choice of Prélude à l'après-midi d'un Faune for the soundtrack. It was a lovely 2 minutes.

Maybe it could be a movie about a tree planter.

emery and AlainK like this.
  9. AlainK

Thinking about writing a short story around that ^_^

Probably won't, but I like the idea. My family (from abroad) settled in Normandy in the mid-twenties, lots of anecdotes that can be weaved into a canvass of fiction...

^_^

10. wcutler

wcutler Paragon of Plants Forums Moderator VCBF Cherry Scout 10 Years

Be sure at let us know when it's out.
    I was thinking that they would be doing useful planting for you while you were filming them doing it.

11. emery

Haha, you bet! Iseki forever! We have a place a few towns away that does used ones, they're still pretty expensive but are really great kit. I got mine some years ago with 800 hours on it, now getting near 1200. I hit something earlier this week and the cutting deck started making a horrible noise; when I looked at it there were a couple of obvious bent pieces of metal, so I just banged with a hammer until the noise stopped... By chance the mechanic was in the neighborhood and stopped by to say hello, he said I did exactly what he would have! :)

Thanks Wendy! So glad you enjoyed.

Ah, that's the idea. OK @AlainK , you write the screenplay, I'll pour the drinks and hand out the shovels. Sounds like a good time to me, and easier on the back than planting them ourselves! :)

LoverOfMaples likes this.