Euphorbia Tirucalli “Sick”

Discussion in 'Indoor and Greenhouse Plants' started by RYAN HERRMANN, Apr 25, 2020.

1. RYAN HERRMANN

RYAN HERRMANN New Member

I live in California and have had this pencil cactus for over 10 years. It just started showing this on the stalks and the tips are dying off. Any idea/suggestions as to what it might be and how to fix it? Thanks in advance!

Attached Files:

2. Andrew Matheson

Andrew Matheson Member

It looks fungal to me- have there been any recent changes in how you've been caring for it?

3. RYAN HERRMANN

RYAN HERRMANN New Member

Thanks for the reply Andrew. No changes in care. The area that looks affected is hard, not soft if that helps at all.

4. Andrew Matheson

Andrew Matheson Member

The fact that it is hard and not soft is a good thing, but obviously it's not ideal that the tips are dying back. Part of me wants to say it's natural, as this plant is a large woody tree in the wild. But the tips dying back is another concern. Could we get a pic of that?

Is it possible it could be sunburn? Has there been any change in environment such as pruning of the euphorbia itself or surrounding plants that would suddenly expose it to more light than its used to?