Newbie to growing Citrus Fruits

Discussion in 'Citrus' started by sarx, Apr 18, 2020.

1. sarx

sarx New Member

Hello to everyone on this forum! I'm what you would consider a newbie to growing plants so I'm sorry in advance for any dumb responses.

Currently, I'm growing a Meyer Lemon sampling I've acquired from a seller on eBay. It was in glorious shape when I received it and has been ever since. Not I'm not having any problems growing it, but I was wondering if anyone could give me any pointers or tips to me for helping it grow. It has been in its young stage for about a year and I'm a tad concerned if I'm growing it correctly. Since this is my first time planting I'm nervous about what fertilizer or nutrients to give it. If anyone has any tips that you can provide me for specifically growing citrus fruits or any fruits in-general that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Provided with this post is a picture of my plant. It's placed on a window sill on my deck. I live in zone 7A so I keep it inside to be on the safe side. It gets a good amount of sunlight a day (5-6 hours on average)

Attached Files:

2. Will B

Will B Active Member

I have put together some pages on growing citrus in our area with lots of info that you might find useful. Most of the tips should be applicable, except for any outdoor growing tips. In any case, here is a link to it: Growing Citrus on Vancouver Island | Aprici ... by the way, if that is a seedling I hope you have lots of patience -- they typically take 7-10 years under ideal conditions to produce flowers and fruit when grown from seed.