Getting rid of leafhoppers

Discussion in 'Outdoor Gardening in the Pacific Northwest' started by Lenore, Apr 7, 2020.

1. Lenore

Lenore New Member

Hi. I have a small garden, nothing fancy. I really want to start planting seeds, but I think I first have to address the leafhopper issue. They appeared a couple years ago, and this year they are already active, which does not bode well for my garden, mostly veggies this year. I think I've identified where they are living/hatching, in a spot beside the compost, and maybe also in the compost (a container compost), though I'm sure they're also in the lawn. How do I get rid of them? I read on one thread that someone tried Bayer "Season Long Grub Control plus Turf Revitalizer," with good success. Is that the same as BioAdvance 24-hour Grub Killer, sold at Home Depot? Leafhoppers are not grubs, though maybe their nymphs could be called that, I don't know. Any advice is welcome!

2. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

3. Lenore

Lenore New Member

Right, like introducing ladybugs. I wonder if I can get them right now! I'll have to look.