Springtime in the Garden

Discussion in 'Talk about UBC Botanical Garden' started by Eric La Fountaine, Apr 1, 2020.

1. Eric La Fountaine

Eric La Fountaine Contributor Forums Moderator 10 Years

Spring is happening, but the UBC Botanical Garden remains closed due to the pandemic situation. I will likely miss the bloom of many of our prized spring flowers this year. I do have many photos from past years though, so will try to share some of the most beautiful here.

Attached Files:

2. Ron B

Ron B Paragon of Plants 10 Years

No subject identifications?

3. Eric La Fountaine

Eric La Fountaine Contributor Forums Moderator 10 Years

I was really just going for beauty. There are a lot of plants in the photos. The main subject of the four is magnolia. The first three are mostly M. sprengeri, M. cambellii. I am actually not sure what the close up shot is. A Cercidiphyllum japonicum ‘Morioka Weeping’ appears in second and third images. I think that purple magnolia in those shots is Magnolia sprengeri 'Wakehurst' (edit: after looking at GE, it's Magnolia campbellii 'Borde Hill') with a peach colour M. campbellii in the background. I can't verify the items from home as the mapping is not working remotely.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2020
  4. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years