Searching for two houseplants...

Discussion in 'HortForum' started by Liteworkz, Apr 13, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Liteworkz

Liteworkz New Member

I have now located both plants... went to Cedar Rim for something else today and found out they’d just received a new shipment of houseplants and both were in stock.

Hi, all! My year-long, local search for three houseplants has been unsuccessful and frustrating so I sure could use some help if possible. The three plants I’m seeking are...

1) Senecio rowleyanus (String of Pearls, String of Beads) and
    2) Ceropegia woodii variegata (variegated String of Hearts, variegated Rosary Vine)
    3) Ceropegia woodii (String of Hearts, Rosary Vine)

Thanks in advance for any leads!

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
  2. Junglekeeper

Junglekeeper Esteemed Contributor 10 Years

Check with Gardenworks | Garden Centre, Florist Shop & Garden Supplies at Lougheed or Mandeville. Plant #1 is usually available (along with other varieties of 'String of' plants). I've seen plant #3 as well at times but not sure about #2. Also check with Hunters Garden Centre in Surrey; #1 is available at the Vancouver location.

Have you checked with Plants & Gardening Supplies in Langley | Cedar Rim Nursery ? I haven't been there for some time but don't they have a fairly good selection of tropical plants?

Last edited: Apr 13, 2019
  3. Liteworkz

Liteworkz New Member

Thx so much, I haven’t checked there in quite some time and I’ll do so tomorrow! I check Cedar Rim each time I go there but nothing so far and I agree their selection is poor at best.

4. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

If you are ever at UBC Botanical Garden, you can drop by my office to get a strand of C. woodii.

S. rowleyanus was at the Shop in the Garden a few months ago, but I think they are all gone.

5. Liteworkz

Liteworkz New Member

How very kind of you, Daniel, thank you so much for the offer, I greatly appreciate it! I live just outside Langley and don’t come your way very often but I do swing by that way on occasion so I’ll, if I know that I’m going to be in the neighbourhood, I’ll give you a heads up so I know you’ll be there. Have a wonderful week.

Daniel Mosquin likes this.
  6. J.J

J.J New Member

Hi! Just came across your post and was wondering if you're still in search of these plants. If you live in Canada, I have all 3. Feel free to checkout my website www.jjsplants.ca. they aren't listed yet, but they will be soon.

7. Liteworkz

Liteworkz New Member

Hi and thx for your response... as I noted at the top of my original posted, I found them almost immediately but very kind of you to offer.