What is the name of this plant?

Discussion in 'Plants: Identification' started by Adrian PSaila, Dec 4, 2019.

1. Adrian PSaila

Adrian PSaila New Member

Hi, can some help me identify this plant please? both are the same plant but one is in green colour the other one is natural. Thanks
    [ joefix-191-7-2.jpg JFX-191-3-2.jpg JFX-191-7-2.jpg IMG_20181026_211501-FILEminimizer.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2019
  2. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

Does it have any sort of mustardy smell? Those fruits sure look Brassicaceae-like.

3. Adrian PSaila

Adrian PSaila New Member

No it has nor and I have look for the plant you mentioned and its not the same. Thanks

4. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

Brassicaceae is a family of related plants (the mustards). I had a look through these and none of them seemed to be a great match (though some are missing photographs): Wild Plants of Malta - Plant Family Index

5. Adrian PSaila

Adrian PSaila New Member

Thanks but this is not a Maltese plant and it's not found here. I came across it on the net as I do Dioramas and wish to find out what it is as I need to purchase it and maybe grow it in time.

6. Daniel Mosquin

Ahh. That was not mentioned.

7. Tyrlych

Tyrlych Rising Contributor 10 Years

But it is definitely something of Brassicaceae as Daniel told.
    And a genus is very likely Lepidium.
    Lepidium latifolium L.

Daniel Mosquin likes this.
  8. Adrian PSaila

Adrian PSaila New Member

You are right Daniel, I didn't mention any info as I wasn't sure I was in the right place. I have zero knowledge about plants and found this forum and thought it would help me in my search. I do diorama as a hobby and use some different dried flowers and plants in order to make the vegetation. I usually use like caspia and teloxys aristata ( I call them this way, have no idea if it is the right name). Lately came across the plant mentioned above will searching on the net. The person selling it named it "teloxys bloom". I'm not into plant like you but still can tell that they are both different and come from different families, that is why I need your professional help. I can purchase it on line but it is expensive to ship it over to Malta and I also need al lot of it, and was wondering wether I could find a different source or even grown it . thanks Adrian caspia.jpg teloxys-aristata-seeds.jpg

9. togata57

togata57 Generous Contributor 10 Years

Last edited: Dec 5, 2019