Problem with christmas cactus

Discussion in 'Cacti and Succulents' started by jreidsma, Dec 31, 2009.

1. togata57

togata57 Generous Contributor 10 Years

They do that. Could be one or more of several reasons: too moist, maybe. Mine get buds that grow and develop into blossoms, but they also get a few that just lose interest and fall off.

Judging by your photos, your plant is OK---looks good and healthy. Keep taking care of it, and someday it will bloom for you.

2. jreidsma

jreidsma Active Member

ok thanks. I guess I can see my grandmas blooms. My cutting off of mine is , I think, starting to grow roots.

3. jreidsma

jreidsma Active Member

Yay the cutting has little roots that are atleast a cm long. Maby if I can grow it it will flower like mine did before.

4. Alan Grossberg

Alan Grossberg New Member

I know there's been no posts here since 2010. If anyone see this, here's a decent web site with some info.....
    Commercial Producton of Holiday Cacti

Also, I leave mine outside from late May until October. I let them stay out until they've had at least a week in the 34F. to 38F. range.
    The cooler temps always seem to trigger bud set for me. Perhaps it's also the shorter days, but I think the chillier temps are more important.

5. wcutler

wcutler Paragon of Plants Forums Moderator VCBF Cherry Scout 10 Years

I'll just add that the link in the previous posting is from the UMass Extension Greenhouse Crops and Floriculture Program, a site mentioned but not linked to in an earlier posting.