20190920 - Bamfield - Fungus Festival - Sep 19-21 2019

Discussion in 'Archived Events' started by Frog, May 22, 2019.

1. Frog

Frog Generous Contributor Forums Moderator 10 Years

Last edited: Aug 4, 2019
  2. Frog

2019 Poster is now up (attached)
    "The Bamfield Fungus Festival is September 19-21, 2019!
    Book your stay at The Motel (250-728-3231) and mention you're coming out for the fest for a discount."

Attached Files:

3. Frog

Message posted Sept 19 by Nicolas:

"Hello everyone! I just arrived in Bamfield late last night and wanted to update people on the road conditions, especially given the recent events.
    The road is rough, with some large potholes, but definitely doable.
    Drive slow, keep your headlights on (even during the day), yield to larger vehicles, and text a buddy to check in before and after you get on the road.

Take care and see you all soon! The first events begin TONIGHT, with the Cooking Class (FULL) at BVFD @ 5:00PM, and the Movie Night at BMSC @ 8:00PM.
    Excited to meet everyone "

4. Frog

"Bamfield Jewellery" :-)

Attached Files:

5. Frog

Nicolas Wiewel - Admin · September 23 2019 Facebook post:
    "Hi everyone! I've just made it back to Manitoba safe and sound and wanted to do a quick post to say THANK YOU to everyone who supported the Bamfield Fungus Festival this year. Thank you to everyone who came out to any of our events this weekend, bought a t-shirt/ticket to the celebration, and/or made a donation. It really made all of the organizing worth it.

Also, we absolutely could not have done any of this without vast amounts of help from the amazing Bamfield community. Siobhan, Alex, and Kate helped tremendously with so many of the organizing details behind the scenes, Fiona with the t-shirt design, Siobhan and Lisa for hosting our experts, and of course our community sponsors the Bamfield Marine Sciences Centre, the Bamfield Community School Association, Huu-ay-aht Group of Businesses, and the Bamfield Water Taxi. They made this amazing event possible!

Finally, an extra-special thank you to our experts Andy MacKinnon and Shannon Berch, as well as Kyle Hancock who taught the cooking class. I know I've been inspired by them this weekend, and I hope you were too 1f642.png :)

Keep an eye on this group in the next few weeks, post photos, connect with other folks who attended the festival. Thanks for being part of our community, and I hope we see you again net year!!! Happy fungus season, and I wish you fruitful foraging 1f642.png :)"