What type o Plant is this

Discussion in 'Plants: Identification' started by armcheese, Jul 9, 2019.

1. armcheese

armcheese Member

I got this plant last week and I just checked the basket and there is no identification for it. Could someone help. I need to know how to care this plant.

Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. Sundrop

Sundrop Well-Known Member

3. armcheese

armcheese Member

Thank you for the name Sundrop. We have it hanging on our patio facing North.It is only getting about 3 hours of Sun during the day. We water every second day, since we brought it home it has been dropping flowers like crazy, maybe 3 or 4 a day. Do you why this would be happening?

4. Sundrop

Sundrop Well-Known Member

Sorry I don't have much experience growing Begonias. Maybe they need more light? Or maybe it is normal that flowers don't last long? Hopefully someone on this forum will have better advice for you. If not why not to call the number (616) 875-6355 in the link I gave you and ask them?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2019
  5. wcutler

wcutler Paragon of Plants Forums Moderator VCBF Cherry Scout 10 Years

It seems impossible to find any information about how long each begonia flower is supposed to last, but it looks like this plant was covered with flowers that were at their peak bloom. Cleaning up begonia flower litter is definitely a thing. I don't remember how long each flower lasts, but I would expect that this is normal - begonias have a long blooming period, but that doesn't mean the flowers last a long time; they drop and get continuously refreshed during the summer.

It could also be a little chilly for it. Our nighttime temperatures are right at the minimum suggested, while the daytime temperatures are not near optimum, likely not like what they were getting in the greenhouse.

6. Ron B

Ron B Paragon of Plants 10 Years

Out of all those flowers 3 or 4 per day is only a small percentage.

7. armcheese

armcheese Member

Ok, so for now, I should not worry.