Maple leaves drying up.

Discussion in 'Maples' started by Nil, Jul 5, 2019.

1. Nil

Nil New Member

Hi everyone, can anyone help me plz I have a red maple that looks like the leaves are drying up and possibly brown spots. It seems that only the under leaves at first where doing this but it’s know spread a lot over the tree. I did at first think it was because we had quite a cool wind blow for about a month. But know I’m not to sure? So if there is anyone who knows what this mite be or had similar I would be very grateful for the reassurance that my tree is ok.
    Regards Nil

Attached Files:

2. Acerholic

Acerholic Paragon of Plants Forums Moderator VCBF Cherry Scout Maple Society

Hi Nil, we have also suffered similar to a couple of our larger maples in Hampshire, Osakasuki and Ariaki Nomura. This occurred a week after the quite strong and very drying winds that you have mentioned. I think that you have nothing to worry about and the only problem will be the loss of a few leaves that will lessen the amount of lovely colour during the Autumn. Unfortunately we went away for a few days during this wind so was unable to mist the trees in the evenings as we usually do, so have suffered the consequences. Think you will be fine.

3. Nil

Nil New Member

Thank you very much, the tree mean quite a lot to me. XxX