Can I grow larger pothos leaves indoors?

Discussion in 'Indoor and Greenhouse Plants' started by Pothos Maniac, May 2, 2019.

1. Pothos Maniac

Pothos Maniac New Member

Hi everyone,

I'd really like to grow big to massive pothos leaves indoors in a typical household environment. Is this possible? 20 degrees celcius, climate controlled, humidity typically in the 40%s, etc.

I know letting the pothos climb helps. Does it have to be a moss pole? If so, does it have to be wet? If not a moss pole, what is the easiest thing to use? Does the pothos need to actually cling to the stake with aerial roots or is tying going to give the same results? Hit me with the info!!!

I've searched around quite a bit for an answer, but I haven't found much online. I figured I would register and post here, since it seems like an excellent forum with many knowledgeable people.

Thank you!
    Pothos Maniac

2. Heathen

Heathen Active Member

The one I had that grew the biggest leaves (hand sized) was in a pot sitting on the back of my big fish tank in a bright, probably east facing, room (the others were just trailing from regular pots). As the vine grew out, I kind of stuffed it down the crack at the back of the tank cover so it was partly in the water. It grew plenty of roots in the water, and presumably got enough air/nutrients from the pot, which was on the drier side. It was quite happy, and probably 12+ feet long, zig-zagging along the back of the tank, until I moved.

3. Junglekeeper

Junglekeeper Esteemed Contributor 10 Years

4. Cancundude

Cancundude New Member

2FABF052-3621-4EA3-8D33-1BC02DB95617.jpeg 1ADC597B-E541-44E2-A97B-606503C38177.jpeg 04C0271C-B42C-45B0-BF17-BBC407C4B163.jpeg Yeppers.