Making attempts to install security certificates

Discussion in 'Forum Announcements and Feedback' started by Daniel Mosquin, Mar 5, 2018.

1. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

Hi,

I've been trying unsuccessfully (so far) to install security certificates on our server. This allows your browser to be certain that the web site you are viewing is indeed one from ubc.ca . So far, no luck, and I notice if I mess up a configuration that both Firefox and Chrome keep my failure in memory--and they are not so easy to clear.

If you do run into a page that won't reload because of a certificate error, the way to get it working is to clear out your cache and/or cookies (I'm not sure which, I just cleared out my browsing history from the past hour and it worked for me).

I probably won't tackle this more today, I'm not sure when I'll next have a window of a few hours to address it.

When it is working, I'll post an announcement.

Daniel

2. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

This is working now. Or, at least, it seems to be.

3. wcutler

wcutler Paragon of Plants Forums Moderator VCBF Cherry Scout 10 Years

I clicked the link in my notice and it came to the secure page, no problem. I didn't have to clear anything today to get here.
    Thanks for getting this installed, Daniel.