Trachycarpus latisectus

Discussion in 'Outdoor Tropicals' started by Tyler Reddekopp, Jun 30, 2016.

1. Tyler Reddekopp

Tyler Reddekopp New Member

052-06-04.jpg P1130210.JPG If anyone out there is interested I have a couple more seedlings available.

Trachycarpus latisectus is an attractive palm tree with large leathery leaves with exceptionally wide segments and a thick, bare and ringed trunk. Its fan-shaped leaves resemble those of Livistona. Trachycarpus latisectus is commonly known as Windamere palm. It is considered a temperate palm, and has been reported to withstand a wide range of climates, from tropical, subtropical to cold and wet conditions. It is native to Sikkim in the Himalayas, where it has been reported from a range of elevation between 3500 to 7000 feet. It remains in the wild in just one tiny, heavily altered location which is immediately threatened by deforestation.

2. Dr green thumb

Dr green thumb Member

Hi Tyler, if you live in south van, around Tyne, then I bought a couple of these off you in the fall.

3. Tyler Reddekopp

Tyler Reddekopp New Member

Hi Dr. Green thumb,

yes that would be me :) How are your seedlings doing after the cold we had this last month, hope they didn't stay outside and freeze to death. I brought mine into a lighted cold storage room just until this crazy weather passes.