Identification: Tiger Lilies Brown Leaves

Discussion in 'HortForum' started by Glenys, Jul 20, 2015.

1. Glenys

Glenys New Member

My Tiger Lilies leaves turned brown and did not bloom this year. A few may bloom, but I am not sure it will happen, I have had them for 20 years. The other lilies are not affected. They usually are green now and blooming.
    Glenys

Attached Files:

2. TheScarletPrince

TheScarletPrince Member

Have you used any chemical herbicides or anything? Any change in habits? Didn't get watered? Was the weather hotter/colder than usual? Etc. Please describe the situation in detail.

3. Glenys

Glenys New Member

No chemicals or fertilizers. Weed by hand. There is older mulch as soil is sandy. I did not change anything different.
    Weather has been warm with some heavy rains usually once a week.
    Breezy and 80's, with nights in the 60's It is in a raised bed. The day lilies seem great.

4. TheScarletPrince

TheScarletPrince Member

Mother is saying too much rain could be the culprit.
    Would you say that weather is average? Did it rain the same and they had no issues prior?

5. Glenys

Glenys New Member

Do you think they died? I was hoping they would survive for next year. Is there a way to tell by digging one up?
    Usually I see small plants growing around them, but I have not seen any this year.

6. TheScarletPrince

TheScarletPrince Member

Did you ever till the ground around it? It may not get enough oxygen or there could be root rot. I would do that and check some of the dead looking stalk roots to see what is going on.
    Can always take a picture to a local nursery or have someone come out and take a look at it if you have those kinds of resources. Don't have any strange neighbors that might poison plants, do you? (Just random thought, I take a look at all possibilities).