Bostom ivy and English ivy,both become yellow.help

Discussion in 'Indoor and Greenhouse Plants' started by Edward Limonjiani, May 29, 2015.

1. Edward Limonjiani

Edward Limonjiani New Member

Hello people,I hope you can help me because i can't get answers to my questions.

question 1 )One month ago I have planted parthenocissus tricuspidata in my balkony.This parthenocissus is realy big (i guess 4-7 years old) i took it from outside (it was wild).At the moment of taking it,it already had leaves (big green leaves).I took it and replanted in a big pot.I was watering it everyday for a 3 days,and then every 2 days and then every 3 day.I saw that parthenocissus became paler,and with leaves become yellow and died.I checked the ends of the stalk,it is green if you cut it.But all leaves died.So why it died?Maybe it dies just because you take it from the wall?It was atached to the wall.

question 2 ) i also planted english ivy.It was wild too.I guess the age is around 3-4 years.I planted it in big pot.I has not died as parthenocissus,but after one month some leaves become yellow,some not yellow but just dehydrated and dry.I was also watering it for the first time every day 1-3 days,and then every 2 or 3 days.So soil was all the time moist.Please explain me why they become yellow?

2. Charles Philip

Charles Philip Active Member

Transplant shock? Where you able to dig up many roots? Why not try leaving the wild plants and just take small cuttings from them to grow in your pots? Thats my guess.

3. Edward Limonjiani

Edward Limonjiani New Member

Thanks for the reply.Shock?-I don't know.I just know that the main stalk of the boston ivy is not dead,because if transect the stalk longitudinaly with a sscicors you will see green mesh in the center.

Maybe too much wattering in the first 3-4 days caused rotting of boston ivy and same with english ivy?

please help.Will the boston ivy give new leaves in the next season?

Maybe just the english ivy doesn't like the replanting from wild life to the indor pot?Maybe it is imposible to take the atached to the wall ivy and just replant it to the pot?same with boston ivy?
    When i replanted them,their roots was whitout any soil,they were bare,maybe that is the problem?they don't like replanting without their own soil?

Last edited: May 30, 2015