"Fifty-Two Flower Mandalas" book, and a big thanks!

Discussion in 'Plants: Identification' started by dbookbinder, May 2, 2015.

1. dbookbinder

dbookbinder Active Member 10 Years

Some years ago, I was a frequent question-asker on this forum, producing pictures of flowers anyone who knows anything about gardening or botany should have identified without thinking. But I'm neither, and I was seeking the help of you kind folks in a project I then called "The Flower Mandalas Project." The project continued with a successfully funded Kickstarter.com campaign. Finally, with the creation of my book "Fifty-Two Flower Mandalas," that project is complete. "Fifty-Two Flower Mandalas" is a distillation of what I've learned so far from psychotherapy, Buddhism, surviving a near-death experience, and 60+ years on the planet. The book is a compilation of my Flower Mandala images like the one below paired with meditative quotations and accompanying essays on a broad range of topics. Some examples: Acceptance, Courage, Love, Stillness, Trust, and Will.

I'm currently looking for a publisher and just wanted to say "Thanks."

David

Attached Files:

2. Barbara Lloyd

Barbara Lloyd Well-Known Member

I remember some of your posts. Beautiful pics. Congrats on finishing your project

3. dbookbinder

dbookbinder Active Member 10 Years

Thanks. I seem to have advanced to the next level since I posted. A literary agent made me an offer of representation yesterday!

I'll post here when, hopefully, he sells the book to a publisher.

David