Help! poorly rubber plant

Discussion in 'Indoor and Greenhouse Plants' started by piglet23, Aug 24, 2014.

1. piglet23

piglet23 New Member

Hi - I'm new to this forum and need help with my rubber plant - Ive had it for a few years - my son bought it as a present, its about 2 foot tall with plenty of leaves - it's started curling on all the leaves - its been in the same place (on top of the piano) for over 3 years- it's very important that this plant stays in good health as my son died 3 years ago and I really want it to be ok - please tell me how I should be looking after it - it did this before a couple of years ago when I started trying to look after it better - i.e watering regularly etc - but this made it worse! I really don't have much luck with plants so what should I do???

2. addypalmer

addypalmer Active Member

Rubber plants like to be root bound and they want lots of light (indirect) and no changes in temperature if they get a taste of cold air they will drop their leaves, a slow release like hanging basket fertilizer would work well, sounds like maybe too much water, never let it sit in water,

3. piglet23

piglet23 New Member

Hi thankyou for your reply but I don't water it too often now and it's not in a draught so not sure what to do?