Coral Bells stopped growing

Discussion in 'Outdoor Gardening in the Pacific Northwest' started by beginnergardener, Jun 2, 2014.

1. beginnergardener

beginnergardener New Member

Hi there,

Thank you in advance for giving me advice.

I am a beginner at gardening and had started a small container garden on my balcony. I have planted some heuchera bulbs in late March, each in its own container. One started growing in mid April and was doing well but had since stopped growing and the leaves are starting to curl up. Another one had new shoots coming up but haven't seen it grow taller nor any more leaves coming out for a few weeks. The third one hasn't done anything at all. My balcony gets sun from early morning till mid afternoon. The coral bells are in an area where they usually get most sun in the morning and as the sun shifts, shade in early afternoon. I also use a water meter in order to not over water them.

I have posted the two of my coral bells that I am concerned about.

What am I doing wrong? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Attached Files:

2. Ron B

Ron B Paragon of Plants 10 Years

Dump them out and look for weevil larvae on the roots.

3. beginnergardener

beginnergardener New Member

Thanks for the tip! I dump out the two plants and didn't see any larvae type things on the roots. Unfortunately, while I was dumping the small one out I snapped the leaves off.

Is there any other reason why they would stop growing? Will the one that I just snapped the leaves off accidentally regrow?