Please suggest plants for my bedroom! :)

Discussion in 'Indoor and Greenhouse Plants' started by Peperomia, Dec 10, 2013.

1. Peperomia

Peperomia Active Member

We are gonna move from a condo to a big house. So my bedroom is big, with a medium sized window.
    It is a south facing window so it has a lot of light. Please suggest plants that are small, compact and easy to grow.
    Im also considering a palm or a tall plant whatever so I can put it in the corner of my room. The corners receive soft medium light.

So please say all your suggestions, thank you!

2. Junglekeeper

Junglekeeper Esteemed Contributor 10 Years

Chamaedorea elegans (Parlour Palm) would be a good candidate for the corner.

3. Peperomia

Peperomia Active Member

That is a good idea. Planning some palms and large spatiphyllums at the corner. Would jade plant live in my bedroom?

4. Junglekeeper

There may not be enough light in the corner for a peace lily to produce flowers. A jade plant should be okay behind the window if there's enough light.

5. Peperomia

Peperomia Active Member

Im not planning for it to bloom. Its green leaves is already enough for me. Any flowering plants i can put in my windowsill? It receives full sunlight in the afternoon, so I guess I can have a succulent garden in there.

6. Junglekeeper

Jasminum sambac 'Maid of Orleans' comes to mind if there's enough light. It has a wonderful, light fragrance.

7. Peperomia

Peperomia Active Member

Jasmimum! Yes its good. I will also try some african violets, they say that in good light and steady ferts it will bloom constantly. We will move to our new house by january and I am pretty much excited. :D