What's wrong with my plants? Please help

Discussion in 'Indoor and Greenhouse Plants' started by LizW, Jul 14, 2013.

1. LizW

LizW New Member

I have a love for indoor and outdoor plants. My husband teases me because I've gone as far as to name them, lol. However I'm having issues with my indoor plants and keep getting conflicting information when I search for answers. I always leave my water standing out for at least 24hr and at room temp before watering. Can you look at the pictures and help me? Thank you! - LIZ

Attached Files:

2. Indignation

Indignation New Member

I can see why you are getting conflicting information! There are a lot of different symptoms present in your pictures. Brown spots, brown streaks, etc which could be caused by a lot of different things!

Suggestions:

1)

One of your Dragon plants has quite dark green leaf margins, I'm pretty sure this is a variety of Dracaena Deremensis. The leaf stripes come in lots of colours and the light ones get darker if the light is poor, so if it started out with a lighter colour than that is my first suggestion (Not enough light).

2)

Doesn't explain the brown streaks or brown spots though. Therefore I would say (as a guess), that these plants are under-watered or you are feeding them too much? Is either of these things possible?

3)

The fact that your Jade plant is effected too makes me doubt a fungus infection, so I would end by suggesting perhaps the 3 plants are maybe having to much direct sunlight.

Sorry I couldn't be more exact. Hopefully someone more experienced will have a more definitive answer for you :-)