Creative ideas for pruning left overs?

Discussion in 'Maples' started by JT1, Jun 6, 2013.

1. JT1

JT1 Contributor 10 Years

Sometimes when I prune, I can't help but to admire the beautiful foliage that was removed and left over. Sometimes it's hard to just throw it into the trash or a compost pile. Yesterday I decided to get creative with some pruning left-overs from my Amber ghost. Here is my little creation. It took all of 3 minutes to make but gave us a whole afternoon of simple enjoyment. Please share some ideas or things you do (or come up with) to find a creative second use for pruning left-overs.

The first picture is the creation and the second picture is of Mango lending a helping hand with the disassembly and clean-up.

Attached Files:

2. Christophe

Christophe Active Member

Nice iris sibirica ... iris is my second passion. And at the moment the japanese iris (iris ensata) are blooming

Attached Files:

• 024.jpg
      024.jpg
      File size:
      147.7 KB
      Views:
  3. JT1

JT1 Contributor 10 Years

That iris ensata is stunning! It’s simply amazing how such beauty can emerge from something so mundane as dirt.

(But then again, the more you love horticulture, the more you begin to see and appreciate the beauty of good dirt.)

4. emery

emery Renowned Contributor Maple Society 10 Years

The iris really is stunning. Two questions Christophe:

- Are you growing it in the lawn, I mean with grass that gets cut later in the year?
    - Can you recommend a good source for Iris (and maybe bulbs too, if I'm greedy) in France?

Thanks,

-E

5. Christophe

Christophe Active Member