Appreciation: Help with this plant.

Discussion in 'Indoor and Greenhouse Plants' started by Stein, Apr 17, 2013.

1. Stein

Stein New Member

I really don't know what is the name of this plant .... and How much should i water it ?
    see the attachments.

Attached Files:

2. plantlady22

plantlady22 Active Member

I am not sure but it looks like a succulent. More specifically it looks like it might be a type of crassula. A crassula is a type of succulent (jade plant is a crassula). Succulents like sun and not a lot of water. Succulents need water when in active growth (usually spring and summer) and little or no water while dormant (mainly in winter). In spring and autumn water plants every 1-2 weeks. In summer allow the soil to nearly to dry out between waterings. In winter water sparingly from tine to time to stop roots from drying out. This is from a book I have on cacti and succulents. Over watering is a common problem. Maybe someone will be able to be more specific.

3. Douglas Justice

Douglas Justice Well-Known Member UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator VCBF Cherry Scout Maple Society 10 Years

Kalanchoe blossfeldiana. It is normally purchased in flower, then treated as a throw-away when the flowers are spent. Good cultural information here.