Christmas bonsai scenery,

Discussion in 'Indoor and Greenhouse Plants' started by cagreene, Dec 7, 2012.

1. cagreene

cagreene Active Member

every holiday i make femo ornaments for my bonsai trees. im tired of the regular dude fishing for trout he never catches,lol. in my scenery he catches a tire,lol. here my 'bloody carnage at the bonsai tree, Christmas style! Santa really should lay off the booze!
    1 1/2 month old bonsai started from clipping, rooted in 1 cm deep soil, under 10x 1000 watt high pressure sodium lights, in grow room. food really does make a huge difference, and my trees get supernatural brand gro terra, 20-20-20, 1 part, as the general hydroponics 3 part advanced nutrient system i use on my other house plants sucks for trees. i also have a co2 bleeder system, and use food grade hydrogen peroxide...

merry Christmas everyone!

Attached Files:

2. Insectivore

Insectivore Active Member

Is the green string ..... or whatever that is for shape or decoration?

3. Barbara Lloyd

Barbara Lloyd Well-Known Member

You sound like a "Fun" Mom. Hope your kids appreciate. barb

4. cagreene

cagreene Active Member

thank you Barb! my kids are now 18 and 21, but they still come home often, almost every month, as well as holidays! having boys, i had to try a little harder to keep the lines of communication open, so i play video games on-line with them often. we explored everything when they were young.
    insectivore,, my trees are tied almost year round, as i am always shaping them. the 'green string' is actually bonsai wire. its coated in a rubber sleeve to protect the tender bark. the ficus tree grows so fast under the gro lights that i have to stay on top of them constantly, or they out grow the shape and must be harshly cut back.
    i make femo embellishments for sale as well. these ones were done rather quickly, but i make entire sceneries as small as a nickel.

Attached Files:

5. Barbara Lloyd

Barbara Lloyd Well-Known Member

Ca, You also sound like a wise Mom. I had 4 boys an a girl, ranging from 54 to 38. The girl and her two teenagers live with me and look after me. I have a friend that does bonsai, but I'm sort of a lazy gardener, and haven't the patients for bonsai. I try to help on 2 of these plant forums and have just started writing articles about plants for our local Master Gardener column both for a Skagit Co. newspaper and one in the San Juan Islands. Can't do a heck of a lot at 72, but I still try to help where I am able. barb

6. Insectivore

Insectivore Active Member

Those are awesome!
    That is what I figured those were. for shaping. Super cool!