Appreciation: fall colors?

Discussion in 'Maples' started by emery, Oct 11, 2012.

1. amazingmaples

amazingmaples Well-Known Member 10 Years

Here are some of the colors in my garden.

Attached Files:

2. maplesandpaws

maplesandpaws Active Member

Charlie, really digging that Earthfire... Can you tell me more about it, don't recognize the name.

Starting to get a little more color from a few trees, but with 70s and 80s most of last week and this, the trees don't think it's fall (LOTS of new buds on Hana matoi and a few others); should change as the weekend rolls around and we drop down into the 50s.

Red Dragon turned fairly green due to the summer heat, but is now a nice vibrant red; Ueno yama and Taro yama are starting to color up a bit, and my beautiful Shinju is starting to live up to it's name (pearl)...

Attached Files:

3. JT1

JT1 Contributor 10 Years

Skippy, nice shot of the fallen leaves!

Emery, your A. sieboldianum has a very nice form.

Great pictures everyone!

I am very happy with the fall color of my Acer japonicum 'Green Cascade'. This is my second year with the tree. Last year it was nice, but this year it is really putting on a good show.

Attached Files:

4. Skippy

Skippy Member

Orange instead of yellow this year on Beni hoshi Hmmm...

Attached Files:

5. 17 Maples

17 Maples Active Member

Skippy how was the summer intensity and heat plus early cold snap or later than last year ?

6. Skippy

Skippy Member

17 Maples we had an early spring and a super hot dry summer , then warm and dry for fall , but now hurricane Sandy is on her way ! :) .... :( maybe 100 mm rain in the next few days.

Attached Files:

7. emery

emery Renowned Contributor Maple Society 10 Years

Skippy your colors are spectacular! Thanks for posting, looks great. I hope Sandy spares you too much trouble.

I've been giving a tour of the garden to family this morning, but most leaves are dropped. And with over 200 maples in the ground to talk about, it is very boring for them!! :) Still have half of the garden to go, but everyone needed a break. (Believe me I don't impose, but because they are being nice to me, they insisted on the tour...)

-E

8. 17 Maples

17 Maples Active Member

protect those little guys all of you that will experience the power of the Hurricane. emery sounds like you have quite a bit of acreage ? Geez I even feel crowded with only a 50x 100 foot lot, the house is taking most of the footage. Suminigashi is finally giving a bit of red over bronze tones now, and a abit orange for Beni Shidare. Osakazuki - 0 at the present time as well as Tsukushigata. So guess I will continue to collect seed.....

9. rufretic

rufretic Active Member

I got a couple nice shots of mikawa yatsubusu and ryusen the other day right as the sun was setting. The back light made them glow but the pictures don't really show it. Last one I used the flash to show the true color combo on ryusen, I'm pretty impressed with this one.

Attached Files:

10. rufretic

rufretic Active Member

Ryusen is still going, now it's pretty red and my last to color up is Tsuma Beni showing a pretty nice orange. It's not outstanding but it is a nice different color from the rest of mine.

Attached Files: