Moringa oleifera: Water Purifier.

Discussion in 'Plants: Science and Cultivation' started by togata57, Mar 11, 2012.

1. togata57

togata57 Generous Contributor 10 Years

2. anza

anza Active Member 10 Years

What a shame no one has commented here. I wish I could have such a tree as a speciman plant, but the dictates of our climate don't allow for it. Maybe that is why the lack of interest since most readers here probably hail from similar colder temperate climates.

It is interesting that this tree or at least a number of varieties of it reside in the areas of Somalia, Ethiopia and Kenya. Though I believe the one most commented on is from Idia/Pakistan area. These African areas supposedly have major food issues from what the News Reports tell us. Of course you need nore than a tree to feed upon, but the number of uses for it are amazing. Especially where water quality is an issue.

3. bling

bling Member

thanks for the fantastic piece of information. its a shame people have forgotten these things.

4. Venus Chang

Venus Chang Member

5. Sea Witch

Sea Witch Active Member

Here's an article from Johns Hopkins Medical School about Moringa oleifera's medicinal, therapeutic, and prophylactic properties.

6. Venus Chang

Venus Chang Member

I used to travel in Africa for more than a year on business. I believe that Moringa oleifera will bless Africans a lot.