Stunted Pepperomia

Discussion in 'HortForum' started by MissippiKite, Nov 23, 2005.

1. MissippiKite

MissippiKite Member

Hi All,

I need help with my pepperomia. It is about 3 months old and sits in a window with western exposure. I water it like I water the rest of my plants. I also fertilize it lilke I fertilize the other plants. All the others are growing quite well, but my pepperomia is not growing at all. I have tried to find info online but for some reason or other, I can't find anything on pepperomias yet. Anybody out there knowledgable about pepperomias. If so, I sure could use some advice. Thanks, and have a great Thanksgiving. I don't know how to put a signature yet, but I will put one here as soon as I figure out how to. Diana

2. Cristina Diaz

Cristina Diaz Member

Hi Diana

Sorry to hear your plant is not doing well. The name of it is spelled Peperomia, which may be the reason why you didn't find any info when searching on the Internet. However, I'll tell you a few things which may help your plant.

Peperomias live well in rooms at ambient temperature, and are very sensitive to big differences in temperatures. If you live in a place in which the winter is making temperatures drop dramatically during the night and are relatively high during the day, that might be a reason. It needs ambient humidity, but this depends on the species really; as a rule of thumb, the more fleshy the leaves, the less humidity the plant requires.

It needs moderate watering, and it is better if you use little water more times. If the environment is too dry, the leaves turn yellow, and if it is too humid the plant may die because of fungus.

While your Peperomia is growing it needs soluble fertilizer every two weeks, but during winter you don't need to fertilize it and needs less water.

Hope all this helps, and your plant starts growing healthy. Show us some pics then...

Have a great day

Cris

---
    Cristina Diaz is an author and founder of the Beautiful Gardens Email Club.
    Get your free garden reports at http://www.soapystuff.com/free-garden-reports.html