Jasmine Tree

Discussion in 'HortForum' started by Unregistered, Nov 2, 2005.

1. I brought my Jasmine tree in for the winter about 3 weeks ago. It was blooming and smelled great for the first week, but now the leaves are falling off and the limbs have a white substance on them. What is going on? I love this tree and don't want it to die. Please help. Thanks a million!!!!!

2. Eric La Fountaine

Eric La Fountaine Contributor Forums Moderator 10 Years

3. It is a white dry powder. I think it is spreading up the tree.

4. Eric La Fountaine

Eric La Fountaine Contributor Forums Moderator 10 Years

I am not great with diseases but look at this page on powder mildew.

5. Cristina Diaz

Cristina Diaz Member

Exactly, this is a very common disease that even if it appears it's gone it can come back. My small rose bush had it last year and it is developing it now.

I got rid of it last year by cleaning the leaves with a wet cloth daily, and removing the white powder, which in areas had accumulated and was like a thin coat. I also used insecticide, and dedicated a lot of time and patience to it.

Good luck with your jasmine, they give wonderful flowers!

Cris

6. Cristina Diaz

Cristina Diaz Member

My small rose bush got that last year, and I was able to get rid of it by cleaning every stem and leave with a wet cloth, removing all traces of the white powder. In some cases it had accumulated and it made a thin coat.

Only thing is, although it disappeard, it took me time and patience (cleaning the main part of the bush stem by stem and leave by leave).

Good luck with yours

Cristina Diaz is an author and founder of The Beautiful Gardens Email Club

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2005