Fig tree loosing leaves....

Discussion in 'Outdoor Gardening in the Pacific Northwest' started by BroncoBrownie, Jul 23, 2010.

1. BroncoBrownie

BroncoBrownie Member

I have had a fig tree in a pot on my patio for two years. Last year it did good. This year it took off quickly, it grew to twice last years size (about 5 feet now).

It started this year with lots of big lush leaves, rich green colour.
    About a month ago some of the leaves started to get a bit of "rust" and the edges started to curl a bit. Then it started to drop leaves.

New growth is still coming but the leaves don't seem as healthy and even some of the newer leaves have fallen off.

I fertilized and repotted it from a 2gal pot to about a 5gal pot three weeks ago but it hasn't responded yet.

Any advice would be great. Thanks

2. lkailburn

lkailburn Active Member

this is an old thread, hopefully you were able to overcome this. I just picked up two fig trees(different varieties) that are about 2ft tall, and approx 2years of age. I have noticed what looks like the classic fig leaf rust spots and did some internet searching(how i found this unanswered thread). Elsewhere i heard a lot of success stories with applying a nuetral copper spray in may or june, usually two applications does the trick according to what i've read. I hate to bump an old thread but am wondering if anyone here has had more info or personal experience.

Thanks,

-Luke