Identification: pink little flowers on the lawn

Discussion in 'Fungi, Lichens and Slime Molds' started by dr bondolo, Oct 19, 2005.

1. dr bondolo

dr bondolo Member

i have found small little pinkish flowers on my lawn which are located in dead like areas. i think they are some form of fungus or mold but cannot find anything about it. it is like some small insidious creeping strands of buttercup like stuff but i have never seen the pink little ends before.. can anyone help..??
    thanks

2. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years

I think a picture would be worth a lot. Fungi don't have flowers, so if what you've noticed is flowers, then we're talking about a vascular plant.

3. dr bondolo

dr bondolo Member

thanks for you reply.. i have taken a photo of the pink fungus or what ever it is .. i will attempt to enclose them.. the lawn was planted on sand and is mowed regularily with a reel mower .. irrigated with a sprinkler system.. there are dead spots where the pink fungus is.. i pulled it up and photographed it as opposed taking a photo of the lawn.. i hope that is ok..

thanks dave

Attached Files:

4. Daniel Mosquin

Daniel Mosquin Paragon of Plants UBC Botanical Garden Forums Administrator Forums Moderator 10 Years