Seed Exchange: Calladium Seeds - Caribbean Seeds

Discussion in 'HortForum' started by SvenLittkowski, Feb 14, 2011.

1. SvenLittkowski

SvenLittkowski Active Member

Greetings to the community.

I am interested to get the seeds of Calladiums, but preferable the purely red ones. If you could make some ID photos and post them in this thread, or contact me with a PM, then I could see your plants.

In return, I of course off also something nice: seeds of tropical (Caribbean) plants since I live in Jamaica, both decorative and/or edible! Please contact me for more information.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2011
  2. lkailburn

lkailburn Active Member

i'm just curious what tropical edible plants do you have seed from?

-Luke

3. SvenLittkowski

Hi. I have the following types:
    - Xanthosoma sagittifolium
    - Starapple
    - Juneplum
    - Jamaican Papaya (seeds)
    - Passiflora edulis (seeds)
    - Jamaican Callaloo (seeds)
    - Jamaican Ackee (seeds)
    - Jamaican Hot Chili Pepper, aka. "Scotch Bonnet", a Capsicum annuum variant (seeds)
    - Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee (seeds)
    - Jamaican Sorrel: Hibiscus sabdariffa (seeds)
    - Squash: Cho Cho Chayote, Jamaican Yellow, Acor, Waltham Butternut (seeds)
    - Central American / Jamaican Soursop "Annona muricata" (seeds)
    - Central American / Jamaican Nesberry aka. Naseberry, "Manilkara zapota" (seeds)
    - Polynesian Juneplum: Spondias dulcis (seeds)

4. lkailburn

lkailburn Active Member

I'm not very cultured with tropical fruits, have you grown any of these plants in containers before? Quite the list, hopefully someone can exchange with you for whay you're looking for. By the way, what are the state laws on importing seeds from the caribb?

-Luke

5. SvenLittkowski

I can tell you all about the laws of Jamaica. But if you are living in the US, then you are the one who can easier research on the laws of the US. So far, I can say that I have a lot of seed exchanges with people from all around the world. Some seeds are (of course) to be blocked, such as species having the ability to invade new countries (evasive species) or to be mis-used by humans for the production of bad things, such as Cannabis for ganja. But the seeds of normal plants have usually no problems: many times the envelopes were opened and checked, but nothing was ever missing.

But again: research the laws of your own country. Also, it is possible to obtain an import permit, at some division of your Minstry of Agriculture. Depends on you and which purpose for obtaining the seeds you're stating.

I grow all these plants. They grow fine and give me plenty fruits to enjoy. :-)