Madgascar Palm... Help.. I think it Bought the farm.

Discussion in 'HortForum' started by SuburbanNinja8000, Jan 25, 2011.

1. SuburbanNinja8000

SuburbanNinja8000 Member

Last edited: Jan 25, 2011
  2. togata57

togata57 Generous Contributor 10 Years

Dude! Turn down the background sound track so we can hear your questions!
    And we know you are a ninja, but you can take your mask off here on the forum. It's OK.

From whence did you get the impression that plant in video is or was a palm...? Madagascan or otherwise?

Enjoyed the camera work in the zooming-up to plant sequence.
    I must say, your video makes a change from the standard photo!
    What makes its home in tanks visible behind you...?

3. SuburbanNinja8000

SuburbanNinja8000 Member

Take your mask off here on the forum, No I do this for protecting my Idiendea for weird people. Also, Yea am going to Agree with it Music was loud... I'll make a another video and take down the other one. Many sources saying its a palm but a Normal palm would not look like that.

4. SuburbanNinja8000

SuburbanNinja8000 Member

Plus, I didn't know how to get normal Photo up so, videos are my next chose and makes it more Personally wouldn't you say?

5. togata57

Yeah, thought I did so.

Certainly, to mask or not is your choice. I support artistic and individual freedom of self-expression.

Photo posting info can be found in sidebar on right of page---under 'Forums Help', see 'Attaching Images'.

Regret to say that I fear your plant has gone to the great tropical island in the sky, leaving behind its dried husk.

6. SuburbanNinja8000

SuburbanNinja8000 Member

Plus, Its Better for me since am a film maker. If it is dead I have another plant that can go into the pot anyways as you know. Also... Here is a better video... I Took out some of the song when am talking. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gwdl5mBB9Do

7. togata57

Let's have a look at your Livistonia chinensis, eh? What size is it, and what size is its current pot? Am sure that forum members could give you advice on how best to grow this plant...so that it does not meet the same fate as its predecessor.

Also, we may be able to suggest plants that would grow for you.

8. SuburbanNinja8000

SuburbanNinja8000 Member

about 3 feet tall in a Gallon size Pot at this time.

9. togata57

What are its growing conditions---light, temp, moisture levels? How long have you had the plant?

Unless there is an urgent need to do so, suggest holding off on the repotting till warmer weather returns.

10. SuburbanNinja8000

SuburbanNinja8000 Member

Here is the condtiton that my palm is in. I had it for just about a week now. Here is the Video... I have other things on this video so if you want to watch the Rest of the video be my guest. The First part of the Video is the Plant its self. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Hx4Qt0q4-w

11. togata57

Your plant looks pretty good. I'd say maintain, and repot when it's warm enough to set it outside.

Suggest watering method I use on my parlor palm, Chamaedorea elegans---set it in the bathtub and give it a gentle tepid shower once a week or so. As well as getting all the soil moist all the way through, this also helps flush out any chemical buildups in the soil and washes dust (and spider mites) off of the leaves.

Assume that you have checked the plant over for unwanted guests, such as scale insects...?

12. SuburbanNinja8000

SuburbanNinja8000 Member

I Picked out the best one (or the one with the Most fans) I love the Dedeis of Fan plams. Fan Palm are the ****.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2011