Can anyone help to idendify this palnt?

Discussion in 'Plants: Identification' started by soozie, Sep 28, 2010.

1. soozie

soozie Member

Hi all!
    I found this plant growing under my doorstep. I'm not very 'greenfingered' so thought i'd try potting it to see what would happen.......................
    Went a bit droopy at first but once it took hold it started to grow, it's still in pot but is spreading outwards rather than upwards. The leaves where the first thing that caught my attention with the promenient V markings, now I have some very pale pink flowers growing and the leaves have become red in colour but with new ones growing in green.
    So can anyone help identify it, hopefully the photos will help.
    Cheers Sue
    x

Attached Files:

2. Silver surfer

Silver surfer Generous Contributor 10 Years

3. soozie

soozie Member

Re: Can anyone help to idendify this plant?

Thank you so much Silver surfer, that is definatly my plant! So it is techinally a weed?!

4. Barbara Lloyd

Barbara Lloyd Well-Known Member

Soozie,
    A weed is just a plant out of place, or fills a place in the garden until something more desirable comes along. It's amazing how a house plant or tender out-side plant in my area is an invasive, nasty pest in another climate. If you like - it keep it. ;)) barb

5. Liz

Liz Well-Known Member 10 Years

Yes keep it. Mine grow on the rockery and tolerates dry hot summers. They go a bit more claret colour. From memory they have small pink flowers when in the sun. Not difficult to control.

Liz

6. Tony O

Tony O Member

I like it. Nice leaves and it has a nice flower display. Weed or not, I'd keep a few.