My Space Alien

Discussion in 'Plants: Identification' started by Jolyn, Jan 30, 2010.

1. Jolyn

Jolyn Member

Hi, I need help from anyone. I saw a small plant in my iris bed and since it looked different I decided to leave it. Well it developed into a single green stalk about the size of my thumb and kept growing to about 10 or 12 feet tall. There were smooth green leaves on both sides all the way up. The top 12 inches then put on some small white flowers in rows. After about a couple of months I noticed the stalk was bending over almost to the ground. When I looked the flowers were gone and a star shaped reddish purple succulent type about the size of a quarter had appeared and had 3 or 4 deep blue balls in the center. I am going crazy trying to find someone to identify it. Thanks for any help.

2. lorax

lorax Rising Contributor 10 Years

Can you take a picture and post it here?

3. Silver surfer

Silver surfer Generous Contributor 10 Years

4. Jolyn

Jolyn Member

Thank you, thank you. This is my plant. I am so happy that i know what this is. One of the sites you gave said it is hard to find in nurseries. Also that it is invasive. I live on a small farm just north of jax and i don't have any idea how this got here as we are pretty isolated. [gmap][/gmap]

5. lorax

lorax Rising Contributor 10 Years

Birds and the wind leave all sorts of fun surprises in the garden. It's how I got my blackberries!