Taking care of Adenium & Tapioca

Discussion in 'Indoor and Greenhouse Plants' started by sumitrasarkar, Jun 24, 2009.

1. sumitrasarkar

sumitrasarkar Member

Hello again,

One of the 5 plants I bought is an Adenium. I am yet to know how much water it would need alongwith how much sun. I have a south and a north window sill and a balcony along the south-west direction. Please advice.

Also if anyone can tell me how to take care of this Tapioca (so I believe it is).

I water them in the morning, around 6 o'clock in the morning and then leave them on the south window sill for the whole day. Ours a kind of fierce summer temperature (it is around 36 degrees today) which makes me sweat more about what to do to thrive their growth.

Please help.

Sumitra

Attached Files:

2. sphere

sphere Member

You need to water it at least once every two days and it needs full sun light about 7-8 hours each day.

3. lorax

lorax Rising Contributor 10 Years

The Tapioca (Manihot esculenta) is a very easy to grow plant provided that you don't overwater it - when the soil is dry to the depth of your first knuckle, give it water, but not before that. They'll do well in both full sun and part shade, and since you've got a variegated cultivar, I'd reccomend part shade so that the leaves don't burn. However, if what you're doing now is helping it thrive, then I wouldn't worry too much - just make sure that it isn't sitting in soggy soil, because that's the one thing that will kill Tapioca.

If you're planning on eating the roots, the plant should be picked when it produces flower buds, but before the buds open.