My dying Hoya lacunosa?

Discussion in 'Indoor and Greenhouse Plants' started by hoyagal, Oct 31, 2009.

1. hoyagal

hoyagal Member

The leaves of my beautiful, new Hoya lacunosa suddenly appeared dry and all shrivalled ...it was handing in my window during the 16 below zero sudden temperature here in Calgary early this month! I've cut a few vines for a re-start but the full pot I hope will return and placed it under lights in the spare bath. I'd appreciate any suggestions! Thanks, Hoyagal!

2. Marn

Marn Active Member 10 Years

as long as the vines are not all dried up yo will get new growth were the dried up leaves were .. just hang in there and you should get new growth..

Marion

3. hoyagal

hoyagal Member

Many thanks, Marion!

4. Marn

Oh you are welcome .. also make sure it is watered .. they will dry up if not watered either ...

Marion

5. hoyagal

hoyagal Member

I also wondered re the moisture and tried to keep it evenly moist. This is my first year with a young, tender Hoya and immediately thought it must have froze overnight hanging in the window. I'm glad that I saved the potted plant and look forward to new growth in a guarded environment (bathroom under lights!) Thanks, again. I appreciate this great web site. Anne

6. Marn

you do want it to dry between waterings .. it is a succulant plant so it dont need to be kept moist at all ..but you dont want it to dry it completely ..
    i dont think having it hang in a window with it that cold woulda froze it ...
    if your soil is moist right now let it dry out a bit ...

hope i explained it good enough ..

Marion