Succulents As Bonsai

Discussion in 'Caudiciforms and Pachycaul Trees' started by corcor, Oct 18, 2009.

1. corcor

corcor Active Member

A chopped adenium
    [​IMG]

2 small adeniums
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

a jade
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 18, 2009
  2. 2annbrow

2annbrow Active Member

North Bend OR US;Oregon coast, just N of Coos Bay
    corcor - nice work! And that first one looks a bit like the Venus de Milo. How long have you had them?
    But I think your 2 smalls are both the same photo - yes?

3. corcor

corcor Active Member

Thanks! Yes you are right, I edited the url so the 2nd link is now correct. The big adenium I got june or july, it was way over watered by the store I bought it from and had root rot. I removed a lot of roots off it and it is just now beginning to put out new growth. The 2 small ones were a gift from another bonsai enthusiast from oklahoma, he sent them to me in may I believe, the picture is how I recieved them, he also sells adenium for bonsai. The jade I bought the same day as the first adenium, it was a pot with a bunch of jades like a bush. I made a few bonsai of them, this one is my favorite of them, and I still have a nice little jade bush for future creations. Just thought I'd post some of these, succulents are often overlooked for bonsai but they can be a lot of fun. I'm not sure what Venus de Milo is but I'll google it to learn more.