i have a Cereus tetragonus 'Fairy Castle' and am a beginer at growing cactus help

Discussion in 'Cacti and Succulents' started by lucienda sanchez, Oct 2, 2009.

1. lucienda sanchez

lucienda sanchez Member

i was told the reason my cactus flowers were still blooming after a year is that they were dried straw flower so i am wondering what that means .... will it hurt my Cereus tetragonus ??? do cactus natrualy grow straw flowers ??? how do i remove them with the least mutilation ??? also ive added pictures of my cactus and was wondering what the spots on it where and how to treat my plant so they will go away and what cuases my plant to get those spots and any other pointers in how to take care of my Cereus tetragonus thanks again for all you help lucienda sanchez
    1002091332.jpg

1002091143a.jpg

1002091143b.jpg

cctus.jpg

2. kinghedes

kinghedes Active Member

Re: i have a Cereus tetragonus 'Fairy Castle' and am a beginer at growing cactus h

its best to remove them and no cactus dont make them strawflowers
    http://cactiguide.com/article/?article=article14.php
    theres an article about them

i'm not sure whut them spots are you could dab it the a cloth with alcohol on it

3. mandarin

mandarin Active Member 10 Years

Re: i have a Cereus tetragonus 'Fairy Castle' and am a beginer at growing cactus h

It is difficult to see what the spots are, could be old scars after a fall or something.

4. lucienda sanchez

lucienda sanchez Member

thank you so much for your help and the links