: ) seeds you have, and seeds you want...

Discussion in 'Conversations Forum' started by The Hollyberry Lady, May 11, 2009.

1. The Hollyberry Lady

The Hollyberry Lady New Member

2. PennyG

PennyG Active Member

Oh ok, cool.

I just sent you an email a few minutes ago too.

3. sunshine1952

sunshine1952 Member

I will be glad to pay the postage. How much will it be, and how would you like
    for me to pay it?
    thanks

4. The Hollyberry Lady

I would like the postage to be paid in stamps - please do not send money. If you send 5 bucks worth of stamps, I will mail you 2 female blue girl cuttings, and 2 male blue boy. Any extra stamps left after I weigh the package, I will send back to you.

: )

5. PennyG

PennyG Active Member

The other good thing is that you are shipping within Canada, so it shouldnt take as long either.

6. The Hollyberry Lady

I haven't heard from you, Sunshine1952, so maybe you are not interested after all. If you would like the cuttings, feel free to pm me.

Good point, Penny.

7. robv187

robv187 Member

Hi everyone, hope you're all having a great weekend. Penny, it seems like one of the two sprouts is doing well for my tomato plant, but the other is really thin on the stem, not too sure what went wrong. They both have the two fake leaves right now, just being patient for the 4 leaves before I move any of them :)

I'm sure sunshine will get back to you soon HBL, they must be busy I guess with something. Your right, sending to new brunswick shouldn't take too long, probably within 3 days I would guess.

8. The Hollyberry Lady

Sometimes Rob, it's nothing that you've neccesarily done wrong, it's just that certain seedlings are 'duds', and should be pulled.

With tomato seeds, which are so common and easily accessable, you don't need to waste your time on dwindling seedlings that are not doing too much - just get rid of them and sow some more seeds - keeping only the most vigorous and thriving ones.

Yes wait until the 2nd set of leaves develops, before moving your seedlings. I have experience, and can actually move them when they only have one set of leaves, but with extreme caution and gentleness. I would never recommend this to a beginner however, because your seedlings will most likely die!

Oh yes Rob, not worried about whether Sunshine gets back - it is up to them whether they want the cuttings enough to pay for their shipping. I just can't keep up with all my trades, plus paying for postage of free stuff I am giving also. It is courteous really anyway, to offer a person who is giving you something free, at least the cost of the postage - at least in my books it is.

Guess what?...

I just got finished cutting out a 25 foot long by 2 feet wide garden today - along the fence! It took me 3 hours, but I did it! Yipppeeeeeeee! I am so glad I made this new garden, and I am planning so many things. Too excited to even talk about it right now! I am itching to go nutz like I did last year, and plant another 320 Spring bulbs, as a preview to the many beautiful blooming Summer flowers that will follow! The wheels are turning...

9. PennyG

PennyG Active Member

Morning everyone,

Thats great Sherry, well done on the flower bed!!

Picked some more flowers to dry for seeds, and we had frost over the weekend, so all my tomato plants are done, took them all out yesturday.

Oh hey Claudia....i owe you an apology, guess what i found down between the seats in our truck, was your seed envelope, sorry about that, so its been mailed and is gone, you should have it by the end of this week, it must have slid off the seat on the way to the post office and i am always mailing 5 or so envelopes at a time, that i didnt notice, did though when the vaccum picked it up....anyhow, its on the way now.

10. The Hollyberry Lady

Thanks, Penny.

Yeah, I am really excited about the Lucifer's corms too - I planted one by the laundry room window when you first sent them, but save two for somewhere else. I am going to plant them today in my new garden. Bob tells me they are so nice and that they are crocosmia. My one bulb has done nothing yet. Probably won't see it until next year.

I am sorry to hear about your early frost and that your tomatoes are done! Too bad. We are frost free still and I hope it continues until the end of October, which it normally does.

Did you get my envelope yet? Hope you do today...

11. Claudia6

Claudia6 Member

Good morning everyone
    Bad bad girl Penny lol is ok no worries, thank you so much for sending them to me. This thread has been quiet, nice to see u guys chatting again :)

12. PennyG

PennyG Active Member

No, nothing yet, probably today, i'll let ya know :)

I know, frost, this is early for us too up here, but being right on the Bay, who knows.

I still havent planted my stuff either, thats one of my jobs to do this week.

13. Claudia6

Claudia6 Member

Sorry to hear about your tomato plants, so far we havent got that cold but sure is getting colder in the middle of the nite

14. PennyG

PennyG Active Member

Hi Claudia, i feel bad because there is nothing worse then sitting and waiting and having nothing show up, BUT you will have a nice surprise toward the end of the week.

Ya, its been quiet, i had such a busy weekend that i really wasnt on, and i was out of town all day Saturday seeing my daughter at school.

15. PennyG

PennyG Active Member

They said its been cold enough here that our Ski Resort could blow snow if they wanted too ............thats waaaaay to soon.,

16. The Hollyberry Lady

Wow - the mail service is just ridiculously slow! I mailed those last week - like Tuesday!

: O

Yes, this week will be a very busy gardening week, as I plant my bulbs and glads too. I will bury the glads extra deep so they will be ok. I bet all 25 of them will appear next year.

17. PennyG

PennyG Active Member

I know eh, especially mailing within the same Province, you would think that it would be a little faster, but most likely today.

Same here, i will bury them a little deeper then normal and that way the winter shouldnt do anything to them, and the squirrels wont get them too.,

18. The Hollyberry Lady

yeah I am burying mine 6-8 inches deep.

19. Claudia6

Claudia6 Member

We had more snow the usual this past winter so they were saying that we were going to have a long summer...yeah right. We had like 3 weeks that actualy felt like summer lol and it was raining a lot but finally stoped like 3 days ago so we are getting sunny days and cold nites

20. PennyG

PennyG Active Member

We are finally getting some much needed rain here, everyone's grass was brown, but not mine, i water each day, i hate brown crunchy grass, and i water when i can.

We had a good winter here, the Mountain opened early, but our summer really sucked though!

We even had our furnace on for awhile yesturday, just to take the chill out, and its cleaned and ready to go now.

21. The Hollyberry Lady

Yeah, I hear ya Claudia - it only felt like summer here for a few weeks too. Our weather has been very nice this past week though.

Yes, we are raining here today too, Penny. I am so glad though. Have you got some buckets outside to collect some rain water for your indoor plants? It's the best - you won't believe.

22. PennyG

PennyG Active Member

Really, i have never tried that.
    When i water indoors, i always use cooled down boiled water.
    I will try that for sure.

23. The Hollyberry Lady

Well yes, your cooled down boiled water is wonderful too, but my goodness Penny, you have never heard of rain water being amazing for plants?!!! You just have no idea! Wait until you see the results...

24. PennyG

PennyG Active Member

I just never thought to collect some and use it indoors, hmmm, guess i will try it.

I always keep boiled water on hand for the few indoor plants that i have,

25. The Hollyberry Lady

The boiled water is an excellent method as well, when there's no rainfall. As a gardener though, never miss out on the chance to collect some fresh rain water. Always have your buckets outside waiting to be filled. I can't wait for you to try it!

We are supposed to get rain all day today, so I hope to collect lots...