A finished garden

Discussion in 'Photography and Art' started by Carol Ja, Aug 2, 2005.

1. Carol Ja

Carol Ja Active Member 10 Years

Though someone might to see a project my spouse and I have done.
    Carol Ja

Attached Files:

2. Eric La Fountaine

Eric La Fountaine Contributor Forums Moderator 10 Years

Wow Carol, good job! That is a really beautiful garden. The water features look like quite a bit of work. (I moved your post to the Photo Gallery.)

3. Carol Ja

Thanks Eric, The home owners put around $100,000.00 into the project, that includes the design, it took about eight months from beginning to end. I wish I had that much to put into my place!
    Carol Ja

4. Dillon

Dillon Member

That is VERY nice. I wish I had the money as well. I have a lot of unusual things but I've overwhelmed my place and my neighbors must think I'm nuts. Oh well. I do have a Mimosa I grew from seed that blooms dark coral flowers from June to frost. The catalog said it came from Columbus, Ohio. I have 2 from the nursery that claim hardy and darker flowers, but they don't measure up to that one. The others I see in town are either dull pink or brown flowering so I like to add stuff when I have time to remove stuff that doesn't perform up to standards. Wish I could grow stuff like they do on the coast. I plant all my Aucuba seeds and some I'd like to name and patent though. I have a green female with dark foliage and nice gold spots instead of splashes and I think it would be a hit. I'm already taking cuttings, slow as that is. I also have a dark green leaved one that grows tall fast and blows away Seratafolia as a better plant. I've taken so many cuttings I'm not getting many berries now but I'd like to keep evaluating them. My sister in Seattle never liked them and I couldn't convince her different, but she took some cuttings of one with heavy gold splashes in the leaves. I want to make this plant more popular because even if it died to the ground in Spokane it could make a nice evergreen by the end of summer there.

Dillon

5. Newt

Newt Well-Known Member 10 Years

Carol, I wish I could bring you to Maryland! Alas, I can't afford that much money either! Absolutely gorgeous!

Newt

6. Carol Ja

Thanks Newt.
    Carol Ja