Growth Stoped

Discussion in 'Indoor and Greenhouse Plants' started by smscore, Jul 3, 2009.

1. smscore

smscore Member

I have three "Lucky Bamboo" arrangements. And each one for a different length of time. But less than a year for all of them. The trouble is they all quit growing. No new shoots or new length on the old ones. They do not seem to be dieing however. They are all in water and each one gets different sun. Ive tried adding a drop of fertilizer to one, and giving another and its container a good washing but so far nothing new.

Any Ideas?

2. James D.

James D. Active Member

What kind of water do you have at your house, is it soft or hard water? You may want to try letting the water sit out over night, thqt may help out a bit. I do find that sometimes these "lucky bamboo" are just very slow growing and others grow quite quickly. Depends on the care and age of the stalk.

3. smscore

smscore Member

Hard water that causes mineral build-up on the stalks and the containers. I have washed this off a couple times. It doesnt seem to have any effect on my other plants, but I wouldn't drink it. I drink bottled water.
    Ive thought a few times that my plants might do better with filtered water but there is just too many of them.

4. James D.

James D. Active Member

You can try leving the water out over night, or if you have any outdoor space you can slways put up a rian barrel. I use one to water all of my houseplants and patio pots.